Breakfast – BUTTERMILK FRENCH TOAST
6 slices (1 ounce each) whole wheat bread
4 egg whites, beaten
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Add the vanilla extract, buttermilk, cinnamon and egg whites into a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl until uniform.
- Dip the bread into the mixture, coating both sides.
- Coat a skillet or nonstick-pan with non-fat cooking spray and preheat for 1 minute
- Heat the sliced bread until it turns golden brown
- Serve while hot.